11am to 4pm, at City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TR. This is an Inter Faith Network for the UK event for local inter faith organisation practitioners to share their experiences, discuss issues of common interest and concern and have focused learning opportunities about practical aspects of developing successful inter faith programmes. Further information on location, including parking, can be found at https://www.bristol.gov.uk/web/city-hall/how-to-get-here. The day will open with a presentation from IFN Co-Chair Jatinder Singh Birdi, Co-Chair of IFN and Chair of Warwick District Faith Forum, about the importance of local inter faith work and its UK context. There will be a welcome and input from Revd Tracey Lewis, Chair of the Bristol Multi-Faith Forum, as well as contributions from Ravindra Nathwani of Exeter Faith and Belief Forum, Canon Dr John Hall of Devon Faith and Belief Forum, Sarah Mar of Cheltenham Interfaith Group, as well as others. The meeting is a chance for local inter faith practitioners to:
- share their experiences and news
- discuss issues of common interest and concern
- share tips for developing successful inter faith programmes
- hear about some projects being run by local groups (Inter Faith Week, ‘Open door’ days, working with local authorities, one local group’s response to the Casey Review – and much more
- take part in a workshop about either a) using social media to get your message across or b) reviewing your work and planning for the future
Vegetarian lunch refreshments will be provided. There is no charge to attend but donations toward lunch are welcomed. Up to two people per local inter faith group are welcome to attend. Please register by 13 March if possible. For more information and to book a place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7730 0410.