This free event took place from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm. People could walk the whole trail or join one or more parts of this trail, visiting the Bristol Hindu Temple, the Bristol Bahai Centre, the Bristol Central Mosque and the Bristol and West Progressive Synagogue.
Each visit lasted roughly 45 minutes and walks between venues were about 10 to 20 minutes long.
Start Location: Hindu Temple – 163 Church Road, Bristol, BS5 9LA
End Location: Bristol & West Progressive Synagogue, 43/47 Bannerman Rd, Bristol BS5 0RR
Distance: 2.5 miles
Duration: 1 hr walking/4 hr event in total with visits
Joint organisers were Bristol Multi Faith Forum and Inner City and East Bristol Health Team
It was really well attended, with 18 to 24 walkers joining, including the then Lord Mayor, Councillor Cleo Lake.
The majority of walkers had no faith, 3 “kind of” and none of the walkers had been into the Bahai centre or other venues before.
· “It’s the first time in my life I’ve seen a Torah”
· Especially a Torah from that survived the 2nd world war!”
· “It has been really informative and healthy at the same time”
· “It was really fascinating to learn and visit different religious buildings and learn about similarity (in faiths), we need to keep such connections”
· Excellent, would be nice to see more young people during term”
· “ Thanks very much for oyur hospitality and presentations, I would definitely encourage others ot participate in future events”
· “Really interesting introduction to different faith communities. A chance to wander some little known streets too”
See photos from the day here
See our poster here
See the Trail details here